On 13.07.2022 the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe adopted Recommendation CM/Rec(2022)18 on countering education fraud. The recommendation was developed in the framework of the ETINED platform of the Council of Europe on ethics, integrity, and transparency in education and is addressed to its 46 member states aiming to assist countries in combating fraud in the field of education.
This new legal standard is structured in four dimensions: prevention, prosecution, international cooperation, and monitoring. The text makes six main recommendations to member States of the Council of Europe:
- to promote quality education by eliminating education fraud;
- to protect pupils, students, researchers, and staff at all levels of education from organisations and individuals engaged in selling (and advertising) fraudulent services;
- to provide support for the implementation of preventative and protective measures, as well as a culture of equality of opportunity at all levels and in all sectors of education and training and in the transition between these sectors;
- to monitor technological developments that could support new forms of fraud;
- to facilitate international cooperation in the field;
- to support wide dissemination of the recommendation.
The Armenian translation is available here.